Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Sad Tale

I grew up with a dad who always had a beautiful garden and since the time I finished my first house have always tried to grow a garden - never successfully. I did not inherit my dad's green thumb. Since we have lived in Cascade I have not had a garden spot because we rent and I couldn't dig up the yard anywhere. I decide this year to turn the flower be into a garden. I planted broccoli, romaine lettuce, tomatoes and zucchini. The broccoli got eaten by some critter. The Romaine lettuce grew well but it was lettuce. The tomatoes were on their way to making me very happy and looking pretty good when the weather decided to change and we had a week of 25 degree nights in August. I am so sad. The zucchini and tomatoes are goners and I am seriously thinking about giving up my dream of being a gardener.

No comments: